Saturday 5 February 2011

I hope success is contagious.

I might not be Number One but I know people who are. The artist who designed the cover for Jessica's Trap, Dawné Dominique, is Number One.

The Horror Zine, which has published two of my stories so far, is also Number One for both fiction and poetry. I'm sure it will remain Number One for poetry as long as none of mine ever appears. Mine is consistently rejected by Vogon Poet's Monthly. I'll leave its desperate horror to your imagination.

Critique Circle, where I have been a member for a long time but have now gone over to the dark side and joined the moderators, came fourth of all the writer's resources which is pretty good.

Even more encouraging, another Eternal Press author, Marva Dasef, is in the top 10 novels in the lists. So I am with a publisher whose books make it into top 10's.

None of this has anything to do with me, of course. In none of those cases can I claim any responsibility nor any credit for their placings. I didn't do it. They did.

I'm not a Number One nor am I a Top 10, but if I hang around with people who are, maybe some of it will rub off on me.

It would make a nice change from hanging around the pub with the villagers. What rubs off on me there is best not mentioned.

No comments: